- 5 Things I Wish I’d Done Before Marriage
- It Doesn’t Sound Nice, But Sometimes We Need to “Shut Up”
- Jesus Didn’t Call Us to be Nice
- Moral Mayhem Multiplies - Now, It's Polygamy's Turn
- Please Pray for Billy Graham
- The Scandal of the Semi-Churched
- At Christmas, give what matters
- The villain of Christmas?
- In Present Ukrainian Crisis, a Middle Way Must Be Found
- No Christmas Celebration for Christians Suffering in Damascus
- Hope found after ALS diagnosis
- Secret Santa Pays for Walmart Toys on Layaway
- The Simple Thing An Officer Did For a Homeless Man Proves There Is Still Good in the World
- One Arizona Community’s Inspiring Response When A Salvation Army Office Was Robbed
- Man Behind 'Tips for Jesus' Rumored to Be Fmr. PayPal VP
- The Acapella Version of 'Little Drummer Boy' That Is Making Even People Who Don't Like Christianity Feel Good
- Did God Sanction Slavery in the Old Testament?
- Generous Mystery Tipper Leaving 'TipsforJesus'
- Live Nativity 'Reminder of Higher Authority' to Capitol Hill
- Miss Kay's Faith in Jesus
- 5 Things I Wish I’d Done Before Marriage
- Present Over Perfect
- Growing up without a father transforms children’s brains
- 8 Ways to Spend Less and Save More This Holiday Season
- Britain needs greater commitment to traditional family, says Marriage Foundation
- "Joseph, the Unsung Hero" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 12/18/2013
- The Joy of Jesus Christ: The Joy of Forsaking All, Part 1
- The God Who Relates to Us
- "Childlike Faith" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 12/17/2013
- The Joy of Selflessness, Part 2B
- 9 Things You Should Know About The Hobbit
- Queen Latifah Shares How Faith Helped Her Through Tragedy
- Tolkien and the Long Defeat
- Actor Who’s Filling Kirk Cameron’s Shoes in End-Times Thriller ‘Left Behind’ Reveals What Drew Him to the Role
- Duck Dynasty Christmas special 2013 preview
- Robert Redford Back on Screen with 'All Is Lost'
- 12 Years a Slave the Definitive Slavery Film
- Movie Review: Carrie
- Please Pray for Billy Graham
- Thousands Pray Against Pornography Following Industry Shutdown
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Pentecostal Pastors in Africa Push Prayer, Not Drugs, for People with HIV
- National Prayer Day Against Pornography Calls Intercessors to Action
- Debit Card Access For a Collector?
- Go Ahead and Auto-Draft
- Dave Says - December 16, 2013
- Add On or Move?
- An Emergency Fund Shouldn't Take a Year
- The Homeschool Apostates
- Homeschool Organization Joins Fight After Court Orders Children to Attend School for ‘Socialization’
- Supreme Court Orders Obama Admin to Respond to Christian Homeschooling Family’s Appeal
- Hope found after ALS diagnosis
- New believer risks marriage for Jesus
- Believer suffers prison so others can live
- Robert George receives religious liberty award
- Satanists, Hindus eye Okla. Commandments
- Analysis: Conservatives Missing Opportunity to Defend Religious Freedom in Utah Polygamy Case
- Pastors in Peril: Bearing the Burdens of Leadership (Pt. 1)
- Adoption: A Young Mother's Choice
- The Life and Example of Billy Graham
- Depression in the Ministry
- Couple Rejects Abortion, Chooses Life for All Their Quintuplets
- “Would Planned Parenthood Have Aborted Jesus?” Pro-Life Christmas Carolers Ask
- Kermit Gosnell-Inspired Bill Would Ban Impersonating a Doctor in Pennsylvania
- Intuitive Nurse Saved Pope Francis’ Life From Grave Sickness
- Study: Babies are a $217,000 Financial Blessing to Society
- ID Scientist Douglas Axe Responds to His Critics
- Dr. Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig on the Law of Recurrent Variation, pt. 3
- Dr. Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig on the Law of Recurrent Variation, pt. 2
Thank you for visiting Christian Headlines.
Despite the pop-culture tsunami, a quick look around shows the first six letters of this national holiday—Christ—still occupy a central place in millions of Americans’ hearts.
FollowingTimemagazine, the oldest gay rights magazine in the United States named Pope Francis its "Person of the Year" as the pontiff. What does that say about the the pope?
Polygamists popped the corked on a champagne of their own after the June DOMA ruling, as they wait their turn for nationwide acceptance. And they just got one step closer with the Utah bigamy ruling.
Is it OK for a Christian woman to let her breasts hang out because she doesn’t feel convicted by it? If God gave it to you, should you flaunt it for His glory?
A former activist in the gay rights movement who left homosexuality for a relationship with God in 2007 has drawn the ire of homosexual activists after marrying a woman.
Harold Camping, sometimes referred to as the "doomsday prophet" for falsely predicting the Lord’s return on multiple occasions, has passed away. He was 92.
A school board in Oregon voted Monday to terminate the teaching contract of Bill Diss, a teacher who has been an outspoken opponent of Planned Parenthood.
Many Christians in the West celebrate Christmas with door-to-door caroling, special church services and family gatherings. But in countries like Iraq, many skip celebrating Christmas for fear of persecution.
Vruir Avanessian, senior pastor of an Assemblies of God church in a Tehran suburb, was sentenced last week by the Revolutionary Court of Tehran to 3 1/2 years in prison.
Kermit Gosnell, 72, smiled slightly after he was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Cynthia Rufe in Philadelphia for what prosecutors said was running a "pill mill" that served to prey on the community.
In November, the U.S. Senate passed a version of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which the FRC's Peter Sprigg says unjustly interferes with the liberty of employers to determine their own standards for employment.
Turkish authorities refuse to explain why a Canadian-American street evangelist is on their blacklist, but he says it is because of his Christian evangelism in Istanbul.
She has been called the "Sarah Palin of the Prairie." But South Dakota Congresswoman Kristi Noem is blazing her own trail in Washington.
The Christmas holiday brings peak attendance for most churches, and an increasing number of U.S. religious groups are using the boom time to wow parishioners on YouTube and Instagram.
Social conservatives who have argued for marriage solely between one man and one woman have long warned that allowing gay marriage would ultimately lead to allowing polygamy. Is polygamy the new gay marriage?
The Rev. Frank Schaefer said Monday he would refuse to surrender his clergy credentials voluntarily and continue to perform gay marriages in opposition to his denomination’s orders. What will the Methodists do now?
Wikipedia's research and analysis team has released what they believe is the list of the most significant figures in human history. You may be surprised to learn who ranked first.
Many men never emotionally bond to their wives because of the impact of being emotionally bonded to their mothers during their adolescent years. Os Hillman offers insight.
Many charismatics are shaking their heads, wondering how a leader of John MacArthur’s caliber could make such extreme statements about the movement. Dr. Michael Brown offers insight in a new book.
While family members have asked for prayer for Billy Graham, a close associate says his condition has remained relatively the same for weeks.
Mormon feminists wore pants to church services on Sunday, rather than their usual dresses or skirts, as a symbol of gender equality and inclusiveness in the traditionalist faith.
The cross, located between the Pacific Ocean and a major interstate highway, is surrounded by walls displaying granite plaques that commemorate veterans or veterans groups. Will the Supreme Court come to its rescue?
Last month, radio personality Rush Limbaugh railed against the pope for written comments made on the world economy. Amid debate, the pontiff is now clarifying his stance.
For the past year, a Christian woman who lives in Damascus with her family has been writing about what daily life is like in war-torn Damascus and Syria. Find out how you can pray for them this Christmas season.
With college costs already astronomical and rising, saving for them isn't just a year-end thing. But if those prices have got you down, there are some ways to max out your savings before 2013 ends.
Evangelist Nick Vujicic spent the past year traveling to 24 countries, delivering a message of hope, love and the power of Jesus Christ. Now his powerful story is being told in a new Web series.
Fifteen lawyers representing detained Protestant pastor Zhang Shaojie and members of his church in Nanle County, Henan province, are staging a hunger strike to demand access to their clients.
In October, 26-year-old Adnan Prince was accused by a work colleague of insulting Islam, the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad. World Watch Monitor caught up with Prince from his jail cell in Lahore.
The Belgium Senate has overwhelmingly passed a bill to allow euthanasia for children. The country already allows euthanasia for adults, but the new bill removes all age limits.
Today, an estimated 900 churches and 6,500-plus missions and house churches can be found across Cuba. And Cuban Baptists are sending missionaries to other parts of the world.
The latest school shooting is a manifestation of that hatred which inevitably results when a nation forgets its rightful Lawgiver and turns from His principles that were given to ensure the well-being of all God’s creation.
The climate under Obama has gotten so bad, Russian President Vladimir Putin feels emboldened to claim for Russia the mantle of world moral leader. What has become of the U.S.?
The ruling was a victory for Kody Brown and the four women he publicly lives with on the TLC television showSister Wives.But what does it mean for polygamy laws in Utah and beyond?
Are you fighting internal battles that seem to be getting the best of you? Jentezen Franklin explains how to defeat Satan.
Starting over is never easy. Here's Jennifer Stafford's story of how she and her husband bounced back after closing a chapter in ministry.
Are you going through a challenging season in your life and wondering if the fire of God is still burning in your heart? Here's how to keep the fire of God alive during a dark time.
The effectiveness of a flu shot might not be as strong as you think. Find out why Dr. Chauncey Crandall is against getting it.
You can partner with God to bring His holy fire on the earth. Here's how you can pray for a fresh move of God.
Despite losing five babies and struggling through deep depression, here’s why I can celebrate Christmas with pure joy—and how you can too.
Your perspective could be flawed when you can't tolerate certain people in your life. Here's how God changed Christy Fitzwater's perspective of the unbearable people in her life.
If you look the wrong way, the enemy will put you in a stranglehold that tries to choke the Word out of your mouth. Find out how to avoid Satan’s trap.
From her encounter with Gabriel to her experience at Pentecost, Mary's journey parallels that of any woman who pursues God's promises for her life. Learn how Mary overcame the spiritual warfare on her prophetic journey.
Doctors told Coleman Phillips’ grandmother she had six months to live. But during a service at Angelus Temple, Aimee Semple McPherson spoke a word of healing and she lived another 50 years, powerfully impacting the future of her family.
Police were responding to reports of a shooting at a Colorado high school on Friday in which two people may have been wounded, local media reported.
Prime Minister Netanyahu could have said almost anything other than that he was staying away because the cost of attending the funeral was prohibitive. Michael Brown sorts out the controversy.
A single mother in Michigan scared away an intruder by reciting God’s Word. Amazingly, she was not seriously hurt, and her special-needs daughter was completely unharmed.
In a nation that has recently attempted to neuter the holiest of holidays, it was a pleasant surprise to see theme parks in Orlando celebrating a traditional Christmas.
A federal district court judge in California ordered the removal of the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial in San Diego late Thursday. ACLJ Chief Counsel Jay Sekulow called the decision “deeply flawed.”
ESPN has decided to allow a Christmas commercial from a Catholic children’s hospital after initially banning the ad for its religious content.
- 3 Pastors Among Dead in Central African Republic
- Amid Protests and Prayer Tents, Ukraine Poised for Revival
- Muslim Domestic Abuse Victim Has Vision of Jesus
- Nelson Mandela Memorial Interpreter Was Hallucinating, 'Hearing Voices'
- Honeymoon Over for Gay Couples After Australia Overturns Same-Sex Marriage
- Gay Man, Evangelical at a Bar: Beyond Culture Wars
- Teacher, Father Recall Terror, Grief a Year After Connecticut Shooting
- National Cathedral Service Focuses on Victims of Gun Violence
- Pastor Abedini's Wife to Congress: Don't Forget My Husband
- Billy Graham Ready to Go Home to the Lord, Grandson Says
- ‘The Hobbit’ Sequel Rings in Action, Suspense, but Don't Take Your Kids
- 6 Ways Millennials Are Shaping the Church
- Pope Francis Ranks Among Rock Stars of Social Media Influence
- 'God's Not Dead' Movie Features 'Duck Dynasty' Stars
- Mandisa, Tye Tribbett Win Multiple Grammy Nominations
- O Little Town of Newtown
- Movieguide: 'Black Nativity' Is an Unsung Masterpiece
- Billy Graham's Son Requests Prayer for Weakened Father
- What ‘Cool’ Churches Could Learn From Abercrombie & Fitch
- Are PG-13 Films Really R-Rated?
- Why We Can't Blame Obama for All Our Problems
- Huckabee Sparks Presidential Election Speculation With 'Pastors and Pews' Event
- Rand Paul 'Seriously Thinking About' 2016 White House Run
- Samuel Rodriguez: US Must Wait for Iran to Halt Nuclear Program Before Deal
- US Supreme Court Justices Conflicted on Public Prayer Issue
- Alveda King Calls Out Ralph Northam on What Looked Like a Racist Move
In reaction to Friday's ruling by a federal judge that parts of Utah's anti-polygamy law are unconstitutional, most conservatives, social conservatives in particular, have claimed that the ruling confirms the slippery slope arguments they made about the legalization of gay marriage. These conservatives are missing an opportunity, though, to praise the ruling for its defense of religious freedom.
Global membership in the United Methodist Church passed the 12.5 million mark in 2012, reaching a record number for the denomination, according to recently released statistics.
Sec. of State John Kerry spoke Sunday about losing his faith in God while a soldier in the Vietnam War, then returning to his Catholic faith after an "epiphany" that suffering is part of God's plan.
The Museum of Natural History in Los Angeles, Calif., has removed a donor's plaque referencing "God's creatures" after receiving a complaint from an evolution professor and outspoken proponent of atheism.
Harold Camping – who predicted the end of the world would come on May 21, 2011, among other dates – has died at the age of 92, according to an email from Family Radio.
An Arizona woman who was serving as a bell ringer for The Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign says she was assaulted by another woman for saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."
Creation Museum and Answers in Genesis CEO and President Ken Ham called atheists "intolerant" following their criticism of his recent interview with Fox and Friends host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, where he stood up for his beliefs and commented on atheist billboards.
Pennsylvania abortionist Kermit Gosnell, who was sentenced to life in prison in May after being found guilty on charges of killing three babies and committing involuntary manslaughter when one patient died at his abortion clinic, will serve an additional 30 years for operating a pill mill out of his late-term abortion facility.
Joel Osteen does not believe that churches should shy away from politics, states a source close to the best-selling author and pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas.
More than 3,600 people attended LifeChurch.tv's first worship services at its newest campus in Moore, Okla., and about 70 people made commitments to follow Jesus Christ last Sunday at the branch of the multisite megachurch founded 7 years ago.
In the spirit of giving, The Heights Baptist Church in Texas hosted its largest holiday outreach, 'Three Trees,' event giving away Christmas gifts to hundreds of families in need after collecting thousands of dollars worth of donations.
Mystery still surrounds the death of the McStay family, who disappeared in early 2010 from an idyllic northern San Diego community best known for its avocado groves and family-friendly lifestyle. But one thing is not in doubt to family members and close friends – their strong Christian faith and eternal destination.
The Rev. Frank Schaefer, a Methodist pastor near Philadelphia who was recently suspended for officiating his gay son's wedding in 2007, said at a press conference Monday that he will not voluntarily turn over his religious credentials, challenging the church to either defrock him or let him remain a reverend and voice for the LGBT community.
Nick Vujicic of Life Without Limbs ministry premieres his first-ever Web series Monday that documents his travels to 24 countries where he shared with tens of thousands of people how his hope and faith in Jesus Christ helped him overcome a rare disorder that has left him without any arms or legs.
Evangelist Billy Graham remains weak, and there hasn't been a change in his health for better or worse since his 95th birthday last month, but he is "not in any immediate danger," according to a spokesman for Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
A new "found footage" horror film called "The Lock In" from Holy Moly Pictures takes on pornography consumption and addiction — what producers call "a growing epidemic in the church community" — by linking the dangers of porn consumption to demonic activity.
While "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" won at the box office and has generally high ratings among viewers, many Christian reviewers criticized it as a betrayal of J.R.R. Tolkien's original work. Even one of its staunch defenders said that a closing scene was unnecessary.
Actor Mark Wahlberg recently opened up about his faith, as he always does unabashedly, saying that his belief in God sustains him while offering a glimpse into the typical Sunday at his Los Angeles residence, which entails going to church.
Houston Rockets star Jeremy Lin suffered a new back injury on Friday in the 116-112 win against the Golden State Warriors, just two games after coming back from a sprained and bruised right knee. Rumors, meanwhile, are swirling that he might be traded this summer.
Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight Vitor Belfort, nicknamed "The Phenom," has taken on a new role as "The Values Enforcer" in a comedic commercial recently released by Steven's Furtick's Elevation Church in North Carolina.
The White House has condemned the reported execution of Jang Song Thaek, an uncle of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The executed official, once considered the second most powerful man and a "China man in Pyongyang," was accused of treason and drug abuse among other charges.
Pope Francis responded to criticism from U.S. conservatives, including from radio host Rush Limbaugh, spelling out his stand on Marxism, and declaring categorically he's not a Marxist. The pope was accused of promoting Marxism.
Educational reforms in Nigeria's Osun state have created religious tensions in schools, resulting in Islamist youths beating a Christian principal unconscious last month, Christian leaders said.
North Korean media reported Thursday that the "worse than a dog" uncle of Kim Jong Un has been executed, describing him as a traitor who tried to overthrow the oppressive government.
Dr. Ali el-Samman, President of International Union for Intercultural and Interfaith Dialogue and Peace Education (ADIC) in Egypt is warning that Egyptian law does not adequately protect Copts with the future stability of the state hanging in the balance.
Apple has approved a gay social networking app that claims to be safe for children as young as 12, and aims to lead adults, teens and tweens to places that are "clean, social and fun."
A nonprofit organization that works to connect Christian consumers with faith-compatible companies has ranked some of the nation's most recognizable brands in its annual Christmas shopping guide.