After watching posts I have to ask:
What happened to Jesus?
Bible Prophecy Today : a political action team?
“Bible Claiming Politicians and Blogs”
If you care, you better pray, this Org this guy represents is all about using Christianity for Politics and Humanism. See Who and What they are by their statement below.
What happened to Bible Prophecy Today?
By Mark Tooley
Institute on Religion & DemocracyJoining with groups like ACORN, a wide coalition of religiousleft groups will march on Washington, D.C. on March 21 on behalf of eventual amnesty and largely open borders under the rubric of Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR). The National Council of Churches (NCC) is even hailing CIR as a “divine mandate” and a “patriotic act.”
The Institute on Religion and Democracy is:
· an ecumenical alliance of U.S. Christians
· We reflect genuine biblical ecumenism, that is, unity across denominational boundaries based on a shared belief in the truth of Christian orthodoxy.
· This includes mainline and other evangelical Protestants, Roman Catholics, and Eastern Orthodox Christians working together in common cause.
· working to reform their churches’ social witness, in accord with biblical and historic Christian teachings
· Convinced that a personal faith in Christ is never private, but has public implications, we encourage strong churches and denominations that will take their faith into the public square.
· We propose social witness policies that are in accord with biblical and historic Christian teachings along with strategies to implement those policies.
· When it is necessary, we oppose social witness policies that are out of accord with biblical and historic Christian teachings or that make excessive and unjustified claims to scriptural and traditional authority.
· Our policy proposals and critiques are based on the best scholarship available. This reflects our role as a Washington based policy institute.
· The communications and educational materials we produce for Christian leaders and congregations outside of the Washington policy community are lucid, accessible, and practical. This reflects our role as an activist and educational organization serving the churches.
· We recognize that on many issues (e.g.: immigration, tax policy, and welfare reform) that there is no definitive Christian position, but that biblical and historic Christian teachings nonetheless inform policies.
· to contribute to the renewal of democratic society at home and abroad.
· We work toward the restoration of the role of religion in giving moral definition and direction to public life and policy.
· This includes outreach to policy makers in Washington and to Christian leaders in their churches and denominations.
· “It is our purpose to illuminate the relationship between Christian faith and democratic governance. It is also our purpose to oppose policies and programs in the churches which ignore or deny that relationship.” (from “Christianity and Democracy”)
· The work of the IRD will continue to focus on both domestic policy and foreign policy, especially the international issues of human rights and religious freedom, two cornerstones of democratic society.
Board of Directors
Officers & Executive Committee:
Fred Barnes At Large
Helen Rhea Stumbo At Large
Mark Tooley President
List of Board Members:
Mr. Fred Barnes, Editor, The Weekly Standard
Mr. John L. Boone, C.L.U. Mass Mutual
Mrs. Mary Ellen Bork, Writer & Speaker
Dr. Janice S. Crouse, Senior Fellow at the Beverly LaHaye Institute
Dr. Dean Curry, Professor, Messiah College
Ms. Becky Norton Dunlop, Vice President – External Relations, The Heritage Foundation
Dr. Mateen Elass, Presbyterian Church (USA) pastor
Dr. Robert P. George, Professor, Princeton University
Dr. Paul Marshall, Center for Religious Freedom
Amb. Michael Novak, George Frederick Jewett Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
Dr. Sarah Nutter, Associate Professor, George Mason University
Mr. James Robb, Vice President – Operations, NumbersUSA
Mrs. Terry Schlossberg, Executive Director, Presbyterian Coalition
Rev. Dr. Graham Smith, Episcopal clergyman
Mr. David Stanley, Retired attorney
Mrs. Helen Rhea Stumbo, Publisher, Bristol House Ltd.
Dr. Ira Gallaway, United Methodist clergyman
Carl F.H. Henry (1913-2003)
Rev. Richard J. Neuhaus (1936-2009)
Thomas C. Oden, Professor of Theology and Ethics (emeritus), Drew University
Edmund W. Robb, Jr. (1926-2004)
(Unveiled is a very Humanistic Board)
It would be nice if they were born again.
The deeper I read into it, the more I realized, these guys need Jesus.
The Prophetic Perspective
Prove All Things knowing that all Prophecy is about Jesus and God revealing His Son…To us..for our…Salvation. We post material that is questionable, objectionable, and in the opinion of the Editor of the Prophetic Perspective, valid to use as God chooses to. Sometimes that is highly suspect as material setting “dates” of the Rapture is, but often these posts, may have pieces that are correct to futher study.
“Rarely is anyone ALL RIGHT or ALL WRONG”
Fair Use Notice
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work herein is archived under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.
“a Biblical Prophecy site”
The simple format “the prophecy site just about prophecy”
This material was brought to you by Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity. Last Call Digest, is a ministry of Michael James Stone, volunteers, and people dedicated to the Love of God and Salvation of Souls. It is an aggragate of Christian Material selected to Bless you and Prepare you for each and every day you read them. May God Bless You as You Do!! Reading these Devotions will help you to prepare daily for life, living, and your Lord. You will hear God Speak To You thru them. Jesus is Coming Very Soon.
Broadcast(B.C.)Christianity, operates by you, with you, and for you. “Freely you have received, freely give” Pass this on, everywhere you can, anytime you can, anyway you can. You will be blessed if you do.LastCallDigest@michaeljamesstone.com
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
The material is being made available in an effort to understand scripture, news, technology and society especially as it relates to God and Jesus. It is specifically for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. This is a completely non-commercial site for private personal use. No fee is charged, and no money is made off of the operation of this site. Nor is any implied reciprocal gratuities implied or construed.